Director of Operations and Advancement
In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Director of Education, the Director of Operations and Advancement will support the implementation of the strategic plan’s goals. The Director of Operations and Advancement is expected to maintain the highest level of professional, ethical and moral standards.
Assume responsibility for the effective day-to-day operation of the school in accordance with approved governance procedures.
- Provide control and supervision of all buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Oversee maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Develop plans for new purchases and replacement of facilities and equipment.
- Manage the school’s technology systems including asset management.
- Coordinate with the Director of Education to ensure absences by school leadership do not overlap with one another.
- Create a supportive working environment for the staff and foster career development.
Market Montessori Academy and Montessori education.
- Manage and oversee recruitment and marketing.
- Create admission publications and materials, both print and electronic.
- Develop and execute the digital and social media marketing strategy, including the Academy website using WordPress.
- Track current research on demographics, admission, enrollment and tuition trends.
Effectively and efficiently manage the financial and operational interests of the school, in keeping with the budgetary and strategic goals.
- Allocate resources, monitor and approve expenditures and manage accounts receivable and payable
- Oversee all aspects of the financial aid process, including advising families regarding the financial aid application process, collecting the required documents from families, and supporting the work of the Financial Aid Committee.
Manage ProCare, Tuition Express, and QuickBooks.
- Work with the accountant to complete yearly tax returns.
- Enter and oversee contracts, including building rentals, with approval of Board
- President or his/her designee.
- Manage staff salaries and the payroll process.
- Identify new sources of income for Board of Directors review.
- Complete all annual paperwork for the three Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) programs.
- Manage the Child Care Information Services (CCIS) program.
- Deliver monthly and annual budget reports to the board.
- Comply with all approved financial policies.
Support fundraising and stewardship activities of the advancement committee.
- Manage advancement payments through PayPal, Q-Give, Square
- Manage the tracking and acknowledgement of donations and pledges.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and acknowledge volunteers appropriately.
- Organize annual fundraising activities including the annual auction, Giving Tuesday, Race for Education, etc.
- Contribute marketing and advancement initiatives to the newsletter, social media, and other means.
- Develop an alumni relations program.
Act as a spokesperson for the school and represent the Academy in the community; seek and develop community partnerships.
- Promote Montessori education to the broader community.
- Encourage growth and development of school programs, faculty and staff.
- Communicate goals, strategic plan, policies and operating procedures to the community.
- Attend all Board meetings, provide agenda input to the Board President and prepare appropriate reports.
- Attend Montessori Academy Parent Organization meetings and coordinate with the Montessori Academy Parent Organization (MAPO) President in support of the organization’s activities.
- Complete other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Knowledge of how to work with and direct volunteers
- High level strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to effectively communicate the school’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning and organizing fundraisers
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Active fundraising experience with excellent donor relations skills
- Office management experience, including working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Willingness to learn and support Montessori methods and philosophy
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at using technology for management, advancement and fundraising including experience using WordPress
- Experience with or willingness to learn management of facilities including buildings, grounds and assets
- Experience with non-profit organizations
Shentel (NASDAQ: SHEN) is a regional telecommunications company successfully providing a broad range of telecommunication solutions for over 100 years. Shentel is committed to enriching the lives of the customers we serve with the highest quality telecommunication services by making major investments in technology, using innovative thinking and delivering high quality local customer service that makes using technology easy. It is our vision to provide rural communities with access to the same level of telecommunications services as those found anywhere else in the US. With operations in multiple states, we provide our customers with wireline and wireless telephone, Cable TV, and Internet. In addition, Shentel is proud to be an affiliate of Sprint. We own and operate the more than 500 towers that comprise our wireless network and employ the teams who work in our Sprint stores, provide customer service, and operate the wireless network. We are looking for dedicated people with professional attitudes who take pride in providing superior customer service, closing sales and driving the success of all of the facets of our business. We’re Shentel. Always connected to you. Shentel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
The company reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description does not constitute any written or implied contract of employment.
Are you passionate, creative, organized, and self-managing individual who loves advertising and longs to offer real value to customers? We need a salesperson to manage new business development as our Account Sales Executive in the following areas:
Dauphin County, PA (and surrounding counties)
A Sales Manager for Kegerreis Outdoor must ultimately focus on two things and be successful in both of these arenas: Customer Service and Growing revenue.
In order to provide excellent customer service, a Sales Manager must:
1. Be a strong advocate for great billboard design.
2. Be prompt and competently respond to all client requests.
3. Communicate effectively both outside the organization to clients and inside the organization to team members.
4. Learn and manage all pieces of billboard inventory within one’s area of primary responsibility.
In order to grow revenue, a Sales Manager must:
1. Strategize and prospect successfully
2. Present information successfully. (Be prepared…. And be organized)
3. Persuade successfully through good articulation of value and expected return on investment… This involves passion and intelligence.
4. Close business with confidence.
Base plus commission. (Total compensation based upon experience and successful track record.)
Included: Cell phone, laptop, and monthly car allowance
Kegerreis Outdoor Advertising (www.kegerreis.com) is one of the fastest growing media companies in the Mid-Atlantic with over 2400 traditional and digital billboard displays in 59 counties and 6 states. Our corporate culture is positive and empowering.
Only resumes with cover letters will be considered. Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Capitol Theatre is an historic 89 year-old, 800-seat theater inside a multi-arts complex in quaint downtown Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Capitol Theatre presents national, international and regional performing arts acts on its stage during its performing season and shows movies during the summer months. The arts complex is utilized year round through rentals as a community based performing arts and film venue as well as a space for social exchange. The Capitol Theatre Center complex additionally houses the local community theater, the local dance school and features an events space that is rented for weddings, parties, performances and more.
The Capitol Theater Center is currently seeking a full-time Manager.
Managerial duties include:
- Managing a staff of 2 full-time and 6 part-time employees, and at times managing a volunteer team of up to 30 people. Tracking and supporting the employees’ projects and maintaining interdepartmental communications and coordinations at all times. Running staff meetings and initiating and supervising departmental reports. Working with independent contractors and supervising volunteer teams during special projects.
- Liaising between the theater and its Board of Trustees. Reporting to the Board members and Board Chair as well as to Committee Chairs (Finance Committee, Development Committee, Facilities Committee and event committees that meet monthly). Participating in all Board and Committee meetings. Working with the Board to identify and solicit potential donors. Tasking Board members with activities such as legal advice/tasks, financial advice/tasks, solicitation of potential donors or HR guidance/action. Working with special event committees to produce and manage special events (at least one special event occurs per month). Appreciation of the arts required.
- Managing film series season, acquiring movie and music rights, hosting visiting artists, acquiring permits for events and pyrotechnics on stage, planning and execution of all parties and events hosted by the Capitol Theatre Center.
- Managing all facility rentals which break down into stage rentals (800-seat theater rents mostly for performances), white box theater or reception room rentals (160 seated max rented mostly for community events, weddings and parties) and full facility rentals (wedding and corporate events mostly). Responding to rental inquiries, booking space and contracting. Managing building tenants.
- Overseeing facility operations and repairs (on the historic building as well as on the modern portion of the building). Oversight of repairs to the: carpets, HVAC equipment, doors, roofs, plumbing, electrical, etc. Responsible for maintaining compliance with the Borough, the fire department, municipal codes, the health department and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, etc. Working with the Technical Director of the theater on audio visual upgrades and replacements. Management of tenants and rental issues within the facility (there are 4 tenant groups that are in residence in the building permanently and they rent rehearsal and office space from the Capitol Theatre Center monthly).
- Facilitating community partnerships and actively engaging within the community. This includes attending occasional evening events and meetings, reaching out to new people and groups regularly, forging new partnerships with groups whose missions align with the Capitol Theatre Center and strengthening collaborative relationships that are already in existence. Candidates with well-developed communication and social skills as well as collaborative aptitude will be considered first for this position as will those with careful and respectful costumer service skills.
- Overseeing customer service relations and donor relations. Managing the professionality of the staff when interfacing with the general public as well as with the Board Members and other staff members. Overseeing the annual fundraising campaigns and working in partnership with the theater’s freelance grant writer and development consultant. Also working in partnership with the Board to raise money for the theater. Managing in-office data entry staff on donor reporting and tracking. Grant writing may be necessary. Prior knowledge of fundraising and grant writing required. Knowledge of donor database software preferred.
- Oversight of financial management and reporting. Prior experience with organizational and project budgets required. Knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel required.
Candidate will be proficient in the following: Quickbooks, Excel, Word, donor database software, social media platforms and gmail; and have prior experience in: community engagement, fundraising, grant writing, donor cultivation, house management, box office sales, marketing and PR processes, organizational budgeting and finance management and facilities operations. They will know how to create organizational and/or project budgets and capable of maintain budgetary goals in a resourceful manner. They will also be a pleasant people person with a collaborative spirit, have high level organizational and time management skills, be a thoughtful and efficient manager, have experience in engaging and developing audiences and have experience, education or deep appreciation for the performing arts.
Position open immediately. Salary commensurate with experience. Must have at least 3+ years of experience in management and possess a college degree. Only qualified candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered. To apply please send your resume and cover letter as pdf attachments by email only to: [email protected] No phone calls. Thank you.