Website Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro
[Please note: Two part-time positions are available (Marketing Manager and Development & Events Manager). We will consider combining into one full-time position, based on candidate qualifications.]
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
The Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro (AAGW) was established in 2012 and is incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. AAGW owns and operates Gallery 50 and a community music space called Music Makers, along with promoting all arts events and businesses in an effort to distinguish Waynesboro as a true arts destination. When AAGW began in 2012, Main Street was lined with empty storefronts. Today, our downtown boasts 13 different arts venues including galleries, artisan and antique stores, ceramic studios, and a music center. Other organizations have joined in our revitalization efforts, and our small town continues to grow.
Mission: The goal of the organization is to bring together area artists, musicians, arts organizations, businesses, government, and arts lovers to foster better communication and cooperation in support of the arts. It is our belief that a strong arts community is key to improved quality of life and vibrant economic development.
Position 1 – Marketing Manager
Spread the word about all of the exciting arts-related events happening in Waynesboro, bring your own skills and creative ideas to help the organization grow, and become part of a vibrant arts community.
Part-time position, 15–20 hours per week, reports to board president or other designated board member. Hourly compensation commensurate with education and experience.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Associate’s degree or higher, or comparable experience in the arts, nonprofit administration, communications or a related area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing and/or promotions experience
- A creative mind with a close attention to detail
- A love for the arts!
Duties and growth opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Social media, marketing (including press releases and maintenance of organization calendars), advertising, creating printed and online promotional materials, assisting board with volunteer and docent recruitment
- Updates copy and layout on organization website; Crafts weekly e-newsletters to subscribers about current & upcoming arts events
- Manages online Square websites for Gallery 50 and donation page: Photographs new artwork and adds them online when a new exhibit begins
- Attends Live Music Fridays in Gallery 50/Music Makers at least one Friday per month (5–8 p.m.), actively meeting and engaging customers, sharing live clips and photos from events on social media
- Devotes some time each month to visiting the other downtown arts venues to show support, build contacts, and share marketing ideas
- Responds to all email, phone, and social media messages from the public, musicians and artists, press, and other organizations (This position is the primary contact person for the organization.)
- Other responsibilities may include distributing promotional materials and gallery inventory management
- Sits on the Marketing/Promotions Committee and attends monthly board meetings
Please submit a letter of application/cover letter, resume, writing samples (ex. press releases, newsletters, flyers, social media posts for an organization page, etc.) to: [email protected]
Please note: Absolutely no phone calls or walk-in inquiries. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.