Website Borough of Chambersburg
Borough of Chambersburg
100 South Second Street
Full-Time Position Open Now!
General hours 4:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Monday-Friday
*Hours subject to change*
Are you an early riser? Do you prefer getting your work done before everyone else wakes up? Do you like to be outside all year long? The Sanitation Loader position in the Borough’s Department of Sanitation might be the perfect job for you! Join us and be a part of the essential, behind-the-scenes process of keeping our community clean.
A few things you will do:
- Load general refuse and recyclables from residential and commercial areas into automatic trucks for removal
- Carry and handle materials, load and unload containers
- Assist in maintenance and placement of commercial containers
- Follow safety regulations; detect and report any unusual conditions to supervisor
- Maintain good physical condition by walking and lifting heavy containers
- Work outside in all types of weather and surface conditions
Knowledge and experience we’re looking for:
- Must have and maintain a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania motor vehicle operator’s license, 3 years clean driving history, and be insurable in the independent opinion of the Borough’s motor vehicle insurance underwriter, in order to be eligible for this position
- Must obtain a Pennsylvania Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator’s License, Class B with Air Brakes, prior to the end of the probationary period
The hire-in rate for this position is $20.15/hour
Applications MUST be returned to the Borough Office by:
5:00 PM on Friday, August 23, 2019
Qualified Borough residents and individuals who do not use tobacco products will be given preference.
Residency requirement – Must establish residence within 15 air miles of Borough Hall within one year of hire date and remain within residency area while employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE BOROUGH OF CHAMBERSBURG DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, RACE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR DISABILITY. ANY PERSON WHO NEEDS AN ACCOMMODATION (IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT) DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS SHOULD CALL 261-3251 or 261-3272 (TDD 261-3227).