Website Chambersburg Memorial YMCA
Looking for a great place to work and play? Join our team and make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of children, adults and families.
The Y is a vibrant organization made up of people who are inclusive, determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful and welcoming.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
POSITION SUMMARY- FULL TIME:
Under the direction of the Senior Program Director and Executive Director, in cooperation with the Membership and Program Services Committee, and consistent with the Mission of the YMCA, the Aquatic Director will be primarily responsible for managing the operations of the Chambersburg Y’s Aquatic Department in accordance with the goals, purposes and policies of this Association.
- College degree in relevant field preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Current Lifeguard, CPR, AED, First Aid and BBP Certifications
- Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities.
- Promotes, directs, instructs, and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives and budget guidelines.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program opportunities within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Conducts training as needed and ensures staff records are current and complete.
- Develops and monitors the departmental budget to meet fiscal objectives. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Responsible for implementation of all components of the Aquatic Safety Plan. Evaluates and recommends updates to ensure the effectiveness of the Aquatic Safety Plan on a regular basis.
- Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Creates and assists with all aspects of aquatic promotional and marketing strategies
- Monitors and maintains records of daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and ensures proper maintenance of the pools.
- Keeps the pool area in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Conducts regularly scheduled aquatic meetings for the instructional and lifeguarding staff.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining all aquatic equipment.
- Ensures proper registration and payment of all aquatic fees.
- Submits monthly reports for the Board of Directors meetings to the Director of Development and Administrative Services by the third business day of each month. These reports will provide pertinent Aquatic program information and Aquatic program enrollment figures.
- Confers regularly with the Senior Program Director and Full-Time Aquatics Department Personnel regarding the aquatic programs and operations.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations, and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well. Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
The swimming pool will be always kept clean and safe.
An individual, systematic, documented, progressive swimming instructional program will be held for Pre-School, Youth, Young Adult, Adult and Special Needs Population groups. These students will systematically achieve higher aquatic skills through the implementation of YMCA Aquatics instruction.
All swim instruction classes, and recreation swim periods will be properly staffed with currently certified individuals.
The YMCA’s Aquatic Staff will be competent, well-trained and safety-conscious