Website Cumberland Valley School of Music
The Cumberland Valley School of Music is seeking a part-time Music & Movement instructor to provide arts instruction to preschool students within our Arts Integrated Preschool, weekday
mornings during the school year, approximately 1.5 hours per day.
- BA, BS, or BFA degree preferred
- State certification in music preferred
- Experience working with children in music-related activities in a school or other Early Childhood learning environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan age-appropriate music & movement activities for children ages 3-5.
- Develop daily lesson plans and introduce students to a variety of musical and movement experiences that align with the program goals and objectives
- Attend monthly collaboration meetings with the teaching teams to develop an overall curriculum
- Integrate music and movement instruction with other classroom subjects such as literacy, math, and science
- Acquire, inventory, and manage the music and movement supplies used as part of the music and movement curriculum.
- Work with classroom teachers to develop, convey, and implement classroom expectations for behavior
- Supervise children in a kind, courteous, and respectful manner.
Job Type: Part-time