Website Franklin Hospice
Hospice Care Consultant
209 Grant St, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Job Details – Description
· Supports Marketing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Business Development Department.
· Follows the annual marketing plan to promote professional and community awareness and build referring relationships with healthcare providers, and local and area hospitals
· Develops weekly schedule that outlines targeted contacts including goal of visit, strategy planned, and summarizes/evaluates outcome of contact.
· Establishes and maintains a referral source data base for the Marketing Manager.
· Meets the established goals for visits, contacts, number of admissions, and other goals set by Marketing Manager.
· Works collaboratively to aid in the timely admissions of referred patients by assisting with patient/family program visits and using relationships to ensure admissions are completed efficiently.
· Maintains accurate and timely records of all marketing contacts and events as proscribed by the Marketing Manager.
· Ensures education materials for referral sources are available as needed and communicates further needs to Marketing Manager.
· Participates in Franklin Hospice professional and community programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice care.
· Takes responsibility for the proscribed marketing project within the department as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
· Models prompt and regular attendance.
· Exhibits cost effective use of time, mileage and supplies.
· Demonstrates familiarity with and adheres to Franklin Hospice policies and procedures, state, federal, and accrediting agency’s requirements.
· Provides notification of absence per Franklin Hospice policy.
· Serves as a role model by professional behavior and dress; adheres to organization dress code; wears identification badge
· Promotes and maintains respect for rights, privacy, and confidentiality of others. Respects patient and staff confidentiality at all times.
· Participates in committees, task forces and Franklin Hospice events as requested.
· Attends staff meetings, mandatory in-services, and other meetings as appropriate or upon request.
· Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional growth including state licensing/certification requirements.
· Understands and exemplifies hospice philosophy, values, beliefs and team concepts in all job-related roles.
· Wears identification/name badge during working hours according to Franklin Hospice’s policy.
· Other duties assigned.
Qualifications – Behaviors Preferred
· Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
· Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Motivations – Preferred
· Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Experience – Preferred
· Minimum 2 years of public relations or marketing experience