Purpose: Lead company operations and manage the efficiency of the company’s warehouse, equipment service operations, vendor management, and R&D functions to facilitate accelerating business development and long-term success. This includes, but is not limited to, review and assessment of daily operations in these areas, with the goal of improving our processes and throughput for improved results, as well as creating strong, effective systems and developing training to sustain them.
General Expectations: Adhere to core values.
Drive: IMI employs individuals who have a clear passion for our business. They work hard and are highly motivated to both succeed and help others do the same.
Joy: Being JOYFUL is a choice. We gain our JOY through creativeness, service, and a single-mindedness to see others prosper. IMI teammates are full of enthusiasm, positive energy, and fun.
Humility: We believe that HUMILITY is a strong foundation of all our relationships. Humility is treating everyone with respect and not seeing ourselves as better or higher up than anyone else. Rather, it is being able to deal with everyone on a shared, equal level, without prejudice.
Grit: Courage. Resilience. Excellence. Conscientiousness. These are inner strengths that characterize IMI employees, individually and collectively.
Others First: Our success is a shared success, and only comes when we take care of OTHERS FIRST. By focusing on, caring for, and meeting the needs of others before our own, we will achieve our individual and collective purposes – both in business and in our personal lives.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
OVERALL WAREHOUSE & OPERATIONS STRATEGIC SUPPORT
- Ensure day-to-day warehouse operations run effectively, efficiently and smoothly.
- Lead the long-term strategic planning for the Operations effort, including all initiatives focused on operational excellence.
- Evaluate, identify, and coordinate the implementation of necessary improvements for warehouse operations, vendor relationships, R&D, and Equipment Support. This will include internal resources such as people and IT, as well as working with our vendors to make improvements.
- Work with the Logistics Specialist to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately on a timely basis.
- Periodically review agreements with shippers to ensure delivery of customer orders in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Develop processes and systems support, to drive performance and cost containment efforts.
- Provide and maintain a clean, well-organized and safe workplace that promotes a professional environment.
EQUIPMENT SUPPORT (SERVICE TECHNICIANS)
- Ensure scheduling of Service Technicians to meet customer needs/service expectations.
- Review/approve service technician expenses, hours, and PTO.
- Primary contact for service technicians for installations to address any vendor QC concerns or customer issues affecting installation.
- Monitor Service Technician activities to identify sales and service issues and work with staff to resolve problems.
- Ensure Service Technicians have the necessary tools to deliver high quality sales and service support to customers. Recommend associated company policies and practices, pricing, product information, continuing training.
- Ensure a proper, on-going Service Technician training program is in place.
- Report regularly to senior management on performance of field service programs, advising them of changing customer conditions, customer needs/interests, etc.
- Implement accident prevention initiatives.
- Maintain compliance with safety regulations.
- Facilitate the new customer onboarding process.
- Collect quality assurance pre-install documentation.
VENDOR RELATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Evaluate and strengthen vendor relations for all of our product lines.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Work with Marketing & Product Development and Vendor Compliance Analyst to ensure that purchases conform to master vendor agreements and that inventory levels are appropriate for the Company’s business forecast.
- Manage reviews of assigned strategic suppliers. Evaluate vendor performance and track supplier compliance to negotiated terms and delivery dates.
- Manage and track dispute resolution process with suppliers as necessary using a comprehensive vendor management scorecard.
- Participate and execute on contract negotiations and non-performance compliance for vendors.
- Evaluate alternative sources to current vendors.
- Manage and transact purchase orders to suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries of commodities, equipment and services.
- Continuously improve and streamline purchasing programs, vendor interactions and inventory control systems. Develop alternative sources of supply as necessary.
- Develop ongoing training to improve job knowledge and competitive position, including vendor site visits.
Education: Bachelors degree.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of work experience in operations and vendor management, and a minimum of two years of work experience in purchasing and vendor contract comprehension.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams with and without formal authority
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
- Experience collaborating with Research & Development, Marketing, Manufacturing, Operations, Legal and Sales teams to bring new products to market.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Calendar.
- Solid references
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions, lean process, and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Servant Leader, with strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take calculated risks and drive alignment within the organization.
- Exercise independent judgment based on organizational policies and activities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong business and technical capacity.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.