Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Distribution Sales Channel Manager has overall responsibility for management of IMI Distributor relationships and the creation and execution of Distributor sales and communication plans. Sales through distribution account for nearly 100% of domestic non-Wheel Rim System sales and include industry leading solutions such as FLEXX, Sealants and CHECKPOINT. This position has shared responsibility with the sales team for the annual growth goals.
General Expectations: Adhere to core values.
Drive: IMI employs individuals who have a clear passion for our business. They work hard and are highly motivated to both succeed and help others do the same.
Joy: Being JOYFUL is a choice. We gain our JOY through creativeness, service, and a single-mindedness to see others prosper. IMI teammates are full of enthusiasm, positive energy, and fun.
Humility: We believe that HUMILITY is a strong foundation of all our relationships. Humility is treating everyone with respect and not seeing ourselves as better or higher up than anyone else. Rather, it is being able to deal with everyone on a shared, equal level, without prejudice.
Grit: Courage. Resilience. Excellence. Conscientiousness. These are inner strengths that characterize IMI employees, individually and collectively.
Others First: Our success is a shared success, and only comes when we take care of OTHERS FIRST. By focusing on, caring for, and meeting the needs of others before our own, we will achieve our individual and collective purposes – both in business and in our personal lives.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Focus on top priorities and opportunities to consistently deliver strong sales results to contribute to company revenue and profit plans.
Continually build understanding of Distributors’ businesses, including market coverage, organizational structure changes, key customers, IMI or competitive products sold, annual initiatives, competitive threats, new product ideas and opportunities, top sales personnel and wish lists. Identify areas for improvement in promotional and incentive programs as well as products and services.
- Collaborates closely with Marketing, Product Development and Finance as needed.
- Convey and manage all official Distributor communications, agreements, pricing, programs, promotions, etc. Discuss monthly activity in comparison to goals with Distributors and initiate follow up discussions as needed.
- Execute monthly communication of sales goals and results to Distributors. Create a monthly analysis to determine positively or negatively impacted sales and establish and execute upon sales plans to increase revenue.
- Works with Marketing and Distributors to review and improve Distributor programs including rebate programs, co-op plans and claims, and promotional ideas.
- Conduct regularly scheduled business conversations with ultimate decision makers (owner and/or GM) to review return on investment with IMI offering, outlining and presenting the plan to gain commitment on the partnership goals and plans for sales growth.
- Report regularly to the Executive VP on sales progress, competition, changing customer situations and needs, responses to IMI solutions, pricing, new product opportunities, etc.
- Onboard and manage new Distributor partners as they are brought on.
Assess and recommend potential new Distributors to grow and expand our business.
- Effectively capture records of customer interactions and keep clear and concise notes in Salesforce and handle appropriate follow up as needed.
- Execute product training and field work as needed with Distributor partners and their customers.
- Attend trade shows and events as needed.
- Share ideas and recommendations on enhancements to current products and services.
- Actively participate on the Sales, Marketing and CX EOS L-10 Team
- Submit expense reports as required.
- Participate in company sponsored product training.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred. Equivalent general business experience considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful B2B National & Strategic Account sales experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must consistently deliver strong sales results and execute with a sense of urgency.
- Able to follow a structured and repeatable sales process using strong questioning skills.
- Must have ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships with Distributors.
- Business savvy to understand entire go-to-market channel – Distributor, Dealers and Fleets
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen, strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels within Distributor accounts, IMI leadership, and other staff.
- Must know how to speak and work with various buyer types.
- Ability to uncover needs, gain agreement to possible solutions, present IMI offerings and gain commitment to purchase.
- Ability to sell comprehensive solutions, as opposed to product features and benefits.
- Must have a passion for sales and a hunter mentality to uncover opportunities.
- Ability to engage and upsell current customers with new industry news and ideas.
- Needs persistence and nurturing skills required to succeed in longer term sales partnerships.
- Must be resourceful and able to operate independently. Must possess discipline and self-motivation to stay focused.
- Sound organization, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong networking and follow up skills.
- Natural affinity for teamwork and collaboration with a desire to go the extra mile.
- Confident and self-assured as well as self-directed and self-motivated.
- Outgoing and engaging, demonstrating an interest and willingness to learn.
- Focused on growth and success with a willingness to take ownership of results.
- Ability to deliver strong, persuasive PowerPoint presentations face to face and via webinar.
- Willing and able to travel independently and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel will be regularly, up to 50%+.
- In-depth knowledge of B2B product/service marketing and sales techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of the transportation/trucking industry preferred.
- Must be a strong cultural fit for IMI and our core values.
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment including a PC, iPad, Microsoft Office products, and mobile communications devices and other software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce or similar programs.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.