Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Inbound Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing and executing our inbound marketing strategy. You should have a knack and love for writing, an understanding of the digital marketing industry, and experience in email and social marketing to achieve business goals. You must be a collaborator who knows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You will help build scalable business processes and a foundation for both internal and external growth. The inbound marketing specialist will be expected to sustain the company’s voice across all channels.
General Expectations: Adhere to the core values.
Drive: IMI employs individuals who have a clear passion for our business. They work hard and are highly motivated to both succeed and help others do the same.
Joy: Being JOYFUL is a choice. We gain our JOY through creativeness, service, and a single-mindedness to see others prosper. IMI teammates are full of enthusiasm, positive energy, and fun.
Humility: We believe that HUMILITY is a strong foundation of all our relationships. Humility is treating everyone with respect and not seeing ourselves as better or higher up than anyone else. Rather, it is being able to deal with everyone on a shared, equal level, without prejudice.
Grit: Courage. Resilience. Excellence. Conscientiousness. These are inner strengths that characterize IMI employees, individually and collectively.
Others First: Our success is a shared success, and only comes when we take care of OTHERS FIRST. By focusing on, caring for, and meeting the needs of others before our own, we will achieve our individual and collective purposes – both in business and in our personal lives.
- Optimize and manage our current inbound marketing and lead nurturing processes
Grow marketing-qualified leads (MQLs) through well thought out conversion techniques, calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content
- Measure and report on effectiveness of each campaign, taking a proactive lead in identifying potential issues and areas for improvement, communicating campaign progress while driving day-to-day and longer-term strategies
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert MQLs into sales qualified leads (SQLs)
Lead initiatives that result in building out marketing technology platforms to better support lead generation and nurturing programs, business development, and/or other organizational goals.
- Manage an editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our business (including blog posts, videos, whitepapers, reports, infographics, email campaigns etc.)
Manage tradeshow planning and execution
Maintain the IMI website, drafting new content and utilizing visual imagery
Monitor the site’s SEO and performance analytics
Assist the Marketing Director in developing the Marketing Communications Budget and Plan including monitoring expenditures and evaluating effectiveness.
- Collaborate in various marketing initiatives and act as backup for designing branded product packaging and other materials
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge and extensive use of Salesforce and WordPress (1 – 3 years).
Online marketing analytical tools such as Google Analytics and other related products to manage performance of SEO and other inbound initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in marketing automation and blogging concepts to generate website traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them into converted customers.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills with an ability to write creatively, in broad and narrow scopes, with an informative, engaging style
- The ability to execute across a range of disciplines (digital, collateral, advertising, tradeshow/event management, etc.)
- Demonstrated skill in being highly organized with the capacity to work and collaborate with key business stakeholders across a range of skill levels.
- Bonus skills: Hubspot, HTML/CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.